Making Reservations

Online Reservations

If you make, change, or cancel your reservation online, you will pay lower fees than by calling the Reservation Center. Only one online reservation can be made at a time. Prior to making an online reservation, review the list below for reservations that can only be made by calling the Reservation Center.

Telephone Reservations

Call the Reservation Center at 888-CAMPOUT (888-226-7688) or the Washington Telecommunications Relay Service at 800-833-6388. Agents are available to make reservations between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. daily, except Christmas and New Year's Day. Hours are shortened on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.

To make one of the following types of reservations, you must call the Reservation Center: 
  • Split reservations: if one campsite is not available for the entire time you wish to camp, you may reserve a second campsite to complete your stay. You can make a reservation for a maximum of two campsites, and pay only one reservation fee as long as both sites are reserved during the same call.
  • Multiple-site reservations with three or more sites: these are individual campsites which must be reserved together because they afford little privacy or are so close together that they are more suitable for families or friends wanting to camp together. If you change or cancel a multiple-site reservation, you must change or cancel all of the reservations. Double sites (multiple sites including two sites) can be reserved online.
  • Making reservations for friends? If you need to reserve several sites for the same dates, advise the agent at the beginning of the call so the sites can be locked to ensure they remain available during your call.

Be Prepared Before Making a Reservation

Have the following ready before going online to make a reservation or calling the Reservation Center:
  • Credit card number
  • Park and campsite preferences (have alternative choices ready)
  • Arrival and departure dates
  • Specific customer information for each site you wish to reserve - camper's name, address, phone number, email address, and tent / RV equipment type

Maximum Window for Making Reservations

Reservations can be made up to nine months prior to your arrival date. Please note all of the facilities at Fort Worden State Park, have a different maximum window for making reservations. For more information and to make a reservation at Fort Worden, call (360) 344-4431.  Environmental Learning Center reservations can be made up to one year in advance. To make a reservation at an Environmental Learning Center, call (360) 902-8600. 

Minimum Window for Making Reservations

Reservations for campsites, group camps, shelters, and roofed accommodations (e.g. cabins, yurts, platform tents) can be made up to 8 p.m. on the day prior to arrival. Vacation houses must be reserved at least three days in advance of arrival date except the vacation houses at Fort Columbia and Cape Disappointment which must be reserved seven days in advance. Please note that if a reservation is changed or cancelled close to the arrival date, even if the reservation was made one day prior to arrival, the maximum change or cancellation fee will apply.

Two-Night Minimum
A minimum two-night reservation is required year-round for vacation houses and from May 15 to September 15 for rustic accommodations (cabins, yurts, platform tents, etc.).

ADA-Accessible Reservations

We want to provide access for everyone to enjoy state parks. If you have special requirements, please call the park in advance of your arrival to find out if we can accommodate your request.

Washington State Parks offers campsites, cabins, yurts, and vacation houses with bathrooms and other features that meet the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards. To find an ADA-accessible campsite, visit the online reservation system and include "ADA Only" under "More Search Preferences." Campsites with the note "This site is ADA only" are restricted for use only by persons with disabilities. If you reserve one of these sites, you must provide proof of eligibility when you check in at the park. Proof of eligibility may include an ADA placard, license plate with disability symbol, or a Washington State Parks Disability Pass and valid Washington picture ID. The disability permit holder must occupy the site the entire length of the reservation.