Mount Constitution’s towering height and unique geography have made it a gathering place for diverse human and natural communities, for thousands of years. Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission is siting this new Interpretive Center containing significant interpretive exhibits below the Tower near the summit of Mount Constitution in Moran State Park.
The drawings above reflect your survey input and Parks requirements. Zervas Group Architects and Creo Industrial Arts with EDX, are concurrently designing the building and interior and exterior exhibits.
Parks Core goals for the new Interpretive Center:
- Provide an orientation facility for Moran State Park and the San Juan Islands with a focus on Mt. Constitution
- Allow visitors to understand the geological origins of the mountain: accretion and glaciation
- Allow visitors to understand its unique ecology with elevational microclimates
- Show how natural communities thrive and survive here on the mountain
- Describe why human communities have been drawn to Mt. Constitution for thousands of years
This facility is scheduled to be built by the end of 2021.