Senior Citizen Limited Income Pass
Washington State Parks offers a pass to all limited income Washington State residents over the age of 62 and is valid for five years. Limited income is defined as a combined qualifying household adjusted gross income of $40,000 or less in any calendar year.
Benefits of this pass include:
- Free entry to state parks
- Free parking
- 50% discount on camping
- 50% discount on moorage
- Free watercraft launch
- Free trailer dump
- Qualify for Senior Off-Season Pass at a discounted rate of $37.50
This Senior Limited Income Pass does not take the place of a Discover Pass for lands managed by Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife or Washington State Department of Natural Resources.
How to apply
Fill out the application
Print and complete the appropriate application using the link below. If you have trouble printing the application, you may pick one up at your nearest state park or regional Washington State Parks headquarters. To have an application mailed to you, please call (360) 902-8500, (360) 902-8844, or the Washington Telecommunication Relay Service at (800) 833-6388, or send an email to the parks department.
Senior Citizen Limited Income Pass Application (PDF or Word document)
Submit Proof of Washington State residency
Submit proof of Washington State residency of 3 consecutive months or longer. Valid forms of proof include:
- Current, valid Washington State driver’s license.
- Current, valid Washington State Identification card.
- Current, valid Washington State Voter Registration card.
- Washington State senior citizen property tax exemption.
Note: If you do not have any of these forms of proof, we may accept other documents on a case-by- case basis.
Submit proof of income
Submit proof of your combined, gross-household annual income of $40,000 or less, in accordance with state law. Proof of income may be any or all the following documents:
- Federal Income Tax return for the previous calendar year.
- Senior Citizen Property Tax Exemption from the county of residence of the applicant.
- Social Security Administration form SSA-1099
- If you own property, you must also meet the requirements for a property tax exemption.
- If you qualify for the Senior Limited Income Pass you are eligible to purchase the Senior Off-Season Pass for 50% off the annual price of $75.
Submit your application
Completed applications should be delivered to:
Washington State Parks
1111 Israel Road SW
P.O. Box 42650
Olympia, WA 98504
Rules for Pass Holders
- Pass must be current and with you at all times.
- Pass holder must be camping at the discounted site.
- Campers are limited to a 10-day stay in one park from April 1 through September 30, and a 20-day stay during the rest of the year.
- Moorage is limited to three consecutive nights at any single park area unless otherwise posted.
- Pass does not provide discounts on annual permits, reservation fees, extra vehicle fees or other services (i.e., shower meters), except as noted.
- Passes are valid only at Washington state parks. They are not accepted at campgrounds operated by other government agencies or private businesses.
- A pass cannot be used in conjunction with any other pass or discount.
- Pass only valid for person issued. Proof of identification will be required at check in.
- Cancel your camping reservation if you are unable to use the reservation.
- Do not make duplicate or multiple reservations for the same night.
- A fee of $15 will be charged for replacement of lost, stolen or damaged permits/passes.