Disabled Veteran Lifetime Pass


Washington State Parks offers this pass to Washington state residents who are veterans with 30% or greater service-connected disabilities.

Benefits of the pass include:

  • Free campingDisabled Veterans Lifetime Pass
  • Free moorage
  • No fees when making reservations
  • Free boat launch
  • Free trailer dump
  • Free day use of state parks

The pass is valid year-round. The pass is valid only in Washington State Parks. It is not valid at National Parks, at lands owned by Washington Department of Natural Resources or at lands owned by Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife.

How to apply

Fill out the application

Print and complete the application using the link below. If you have trouble printing the application, you may pick one up at your nearest state park or regional Washington State Parks headquarters. To have an application mailed to you, please call (360) 902-8500, (360) 902-8844, or the Washington Telecommunication Relay Service at (800) 833-6388, or send an email to the parks department.

Lifetime Disability Pass Application (PDF or Word Document)

Submit proof of residency

You will need to submit proof of Washington State residency. State law requires that you have to be a Washington state resident for at least 3 months prior to applying for this pass.

Valid forms of proof of residency include:

  • A Washington State driver’s license or Washington State identification card
  • A property tax exemption letter provided by the county in which you reside.

Note: If you do not have any of these forms, we may accept other documents on a case-by-case basis.

Submit proof of disability status

Proof of your service connected disability is required. This needs to be a copy of the letter you received from the VA that states that your combined evaluative rating for service connected disabilities is 30% or greater. The letter must be on VA letter head. We will not accept your DD-214, the identification card issued by the VA Health Care system or a Retired Military Identification card.

Note: If you are using a Washington State issued driver’s license that has the “military” expiration and it has been more than 90 days since you separated from active duty, that driver’s license is no longer valid. You will need to contact the Department of Licensing to renew that license before applying for the Disabled Veteran Lifetime pass.

Submit completed application

Completed applications should be delivered to:

Washington State Parks
1111 Israel Road SW
P.O. Box 42650
 Olympia, WA 98504

Rules for Pass Holders

  • Pass must be current and with you at all times.
  • Pass holder must be camping at the discounted site.
  • Campers are limited to a 10-day stay in one park from April 1 through September 30, and a 20-day stay during the rest of the year.
  • Moorage is limited to three consecutive nights at any single park area unless otherwise posted.
  • Pass does not provide discounts on annual permits, reservation fees, extra vehicle fees or other services (i.e., shower meters), except as noted.
  • Passes are valid only at Washington state parks. They are not accepted at campgrounds operated by other government agencies or private businesses.
  • A pass cannot be used in conjunction with any other pass or discount.
  • Pass only valid for person issued. Proof of identification will be required at check in.
  • Cancel your camping reservation if you are unable to use the reservation.
  • Do not make duplicate or multiple reservations for the same night.
  • A fee of $15 will be charged for replacement of lost, stolen or damaged permits/passes.
People and bicylists on a paved trail that runs between trees