Commission meetings & agendas
The Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission is a board of seven citizen volunteers appointed by the governor. The commission has regular meetings six times a year at pre-determined locations around the state. Regular meetings run from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and include an opportunity for public comment. The commission chair may call special meetings at any time; all special meetings are announced in advance.
The commission typically meets in a work session from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. the day prior to the regular meeting in the same location or at a location near the regular meeting location. Work sessions are educational sessions on park operations and issues that eventually may go before the commission. The commission may also tour area sites or parks the day following the regular meeting. No public comment and no formal action are taken at work sessions and tours.
Regular Commission Meeting
The Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission has decided to change its regularly scheduled planning meeting on Dec. 8 and 9 in Kalama, Washington, to a one-day online planning session on Dec, 9.
How to participate
Members of the public may attend in person at Washington State Parks and Recreation Headquarters, which is located at 1111 Israel Rd. SW., Tumwater, WA 98501. (Directions)
The meeting can be viewed in our meeting space to comply with the Open Public Meetings Act. Commissioners and staff will be attending remotely and will not be onsite/in-person.
You may participate remotely in the Commission Planning Meeting at 9 a.m. on Dec. 9 using one of the following phone numbers or web links:
To participate by phone:
1-415-655-0001 or 1-206-207-1700
Meeting Access Code: 177 022 5593
To watch via the web:
Event password: WAP@rks2020
This is a planning meeting for the Commission. The public is invited but no public comment will be taken. No decisions will be made by the Commission at the planning meeting.
AGENDAS, Actions AND ITEMS
Agendas are posted online approximately two weeks in advance of regularly scheduled meetings, and actions are posted within a week after the meeting.
Navy Training Proposal
Learn more about the Navy Training Proposal discussed at the Nov. 19, 2020 online Regular Commission Meeting.
Powerpoint Presentations for november 2020 Commission meetings
- 2021 Communications and Marketing Priorities
- ADA Transition Plan - November 2020 Work Session
- Commission Work Session - November 2020; 21-23 Financial Update - Final
- Interpretive Program Update
- Item E2 - Alta Lake BP CAMP RA - FINAL.
- Item E3 - Clallam Bay State Parks Property - Transfer to Clallam County
- Item E5 - Capital Program Update
- MS2000 Pre-Arranged Speaker Presentation
- Navy Presentation to WSPRC Nov.19, 2020
- Navy Special Ops Training Commission Report
- November Work Session - Legislative Update
- Statewide Survey
- Survey Difference Handout
- WAC 352-28-020 - Resource Sales and Leases
2020 Commission Meeting Minutes
- Minutes of the Jan. 22 Regular Commission Meeting and Work Session
- Minutes of the May 6 Remote Regular Commission Meeting and Work Session
- Minutes of the July 30 Remote Regular Commission Meeting reconvened Aug. 27, due to technical difficulties.
- Minutes of the Sept. 17 Remote Regular Commission Meeting
- Minutes of the Nov. 9 Remote Special Commission Meeting
- Minutes of the Nov. 18 and 19 Remote Planning Session and Regular Commission Meetings
The following is a video transcript of the Nov. 19, 2020 Remote Regular Commission Meeting held via Microsoft Teams