Washington State Parks offers passes that reduce or waive camping, moorage, watercraft launch fees and day use for limited income senior citizens, disabled veterans, foster parents and people with disabilities. Qualified individuals may apply for more than one type of pass, although only one pass may be used at a time. These passes are valid only at Washington state parks.

Please Note: Washington State Parks pass discounts do not apply to yurts, cabins, vacation houses, roofed accommodations, retreat centers, picnic shelters or group camps. Pass discounts also do not apply to the extra vehicle fee. The extra vehicle fee is not part of the camping fee and must be paid when checking in at the park.

People camping with trees in the background

Foster Home Camping Pass - No Charge

Washington resident foster parents and registered relative foster caregivers who camp with the children in their care are entitled to free campsites and day-use entry in Washington state parks. Participants in the program may camp at first-come, first-served parks or make a telephone reservation to camp in a reservation park (call 1-888-CAMPOUT or 1-888-226-7688). Eligible participants making reservations do not pay for camping but are charged the reservation fee to hold sites in the reservation system. To get free camping when making a reservation, tell the operator you are a foster care provider. Then, when you arrive at the park to register, show a Washington State Driver’s License or Washington State I.D., along with a Foster Care ID card or your Foster Home License. Walk-in campers need to show these same documents at the park to receive a free campsite and day use. Foster parents and registered relative caregivers also may use Washington State Parks boat launches and pumpouts for free when they camp. Please note: the foster child must arrive and camp with the caregiver the entire length of stay.

Off-Season Senior Citizen Pass - $75

This pass offers free nightly camping or moorage from Oct. 1 to March 31, and Sunday through Thursday in April. There is a $10 per-night fee for utility sites. Passes are available for $75 for Washington state residents 62 years and older.

Washington State Resident is defined as a resident of Washington state for at least the past three consecutive months. Dual-state residency will not be considered. Passes may be purchased at select parks between the months of September and March only. Please call ahead for information.

Off-season Senior Citizen Pass Application (PDF)

Senior Citizen Limited Income Pass - No Charge

Good for a 50% discount on nightly camping / moorage. Free watercraft launching, trailer dump and day-use entry. Valid year round. Offered to Washington state residents 62 years and older with an adjusted gross income of $40,000 or less. If you are married, your spouse’s income must be included. Applicants who own property must also meet the requirements for a property tax exemption under the Revised Code of Washington 84.36.381. This pass is valid for five years.

Senior Citizen Limited Income Pass Application (PDF or Word document)

Disability Pass - No Charge

Good for 50% discount on nightly camping / moorage. Free watercraft launching, trailer dump and day-use entry. Valid year round. Available for one-year (short-term disability) or five-year (permanent disability) periods. Offered to Washington state residents who are legally blind, profoundly deaf, developmentally disabled, or who meet the disability definition used by the U.S. Social Security Administration.

Note: A Permanent Disability Parking Permit, issued by the Washington State Department of Licensing, also entitles you to the 50% disability discount on camping and moorage and waives the trailer dump, boat launch and day use entry fee. Simply show your license plate or issued wallet card along with matching ID directly to the park ranger.

Combined 1- and 5-Year Disability Pass Application (PDF or Word Document)

Disabled Veteran Lifetime Pass - No Charge

Free camping / moorage, campsite reservations through State Parks central reservations system, watercraft launching, trailer dump and day-use entry. Valid year-round. Offered to Washington state residents with a documented service-connected disability of at least 30%.  Passholder must provide proof of identification when checking in.

Lifetime Disability Pass Application (PDF or Word Document)

Acceptable Proof of Eligibility and residency

You may be required to provide one of the following to verify your status.

  • For residency: Washington state driver’s license; Washington ID card; voter registration card; property tax exemption; or other documentation as approved. Must be Washington resident for the past three consecutive months. Applicant cannot claim multiple state residency.
  • For age: Washington state driver’s license or ID card; copy of birth certificate; notarized affidavit of age; witnessed statement of age; senior citizen property tax exemption; or baptismal certificate.
  • For limited income: Federal income tax return filed for the previous calendar year; a senior citizen property tax exemption; or notarized affidavit of income on a form provided by the Commission.
  • Proof of disability: Certification of your condition in writing on official letterhead stationery. Legally blind and profoundly deaf applicants may have the parks pass application signed by the agency, company, or doctor who declared the disability. Documentation must also certify that you are receiving disability benefits.
  • Proof of disabled veteran status: A disability award letter, certification from the Department of Veterans Affairs or military service; a separation certificate or similar document on official letterhead stationery from the certifying agency. The document must clearly state the percentage of disability and that is service connected.

How to Apply

Print and complete the appropriate application from the section above. If you have trouble printing the application, you may pick one up at your nearest state park or regional Washington State Parks headquarters. To have an application mailed to you, please call (360) 902-8500, (360) 902-8844, or the Washington Telecommunication Relay Service at (800) 833-6388, or send an email to the parks department. Completed applications should be delivered to:

Washington State Parks
1111 Israel Road SW
P.O. Box 42650
Olympia, WA 98504

Rules for Pass Holders

  • Pass must be current and with you at all times.
  • Pass holder must be camping at the discounted site.
  • Campers are limited to a 10-day stay in one park from April 1 through September 30, and a 20-day stay during the rest of the year.
  • Moorage is limited to three consecutive nights at any single park area unless otherwise posted.
  • Pass does not provide discounts on annual permits, reservation fees, extra vehicle fees or other services (i.e., shower meters), except as noted.
  • Passes are valid only at Washington state parks. They are not accepted at campgrounds operated by other government agencies or private businesses.
  • A pass cannot be used in conjunction with any other pass or discount.
  • Pass only valid for person issued. Proof of identification will be required at check in.
  • Cancel your camping reservation if you are unable to use the reservation.
  • Do not make duplicate or multiple reservations for the same night.
  • A fee of $15 will be charged for replacement of lost, stolen or damaged permits/passes.
People and bicylists on a paved trail that runs between trees