Fort Townsend - Friends' Barn
The Friends' Barn
A modern replica of the historic 1800s stable, the Friends' Barn is perfect for weddings, family reunions, company gatherings, nature camps, classroom activities, and more. It stands among the tall firs that were hand planted by soldiers in 1856, and offers glimpses of Port Townsend Bay and the Cascade Mountains. Visitors may hike on beautiful trails which wander through a Natural Forest Area and down to the water's edge with a mile of beach. Guests are treated to seasonal glimpses of Pacific rhodies, Calypso orchids, trilliums, and a variety of mushrooms. Visitors also may see the park's resident bald eagles flying overhead or hear the drumming of a pileated woodpecker nearby.
- The facility is available from 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. April through October.
- The facility is available from 8 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. November through March.
The Friends' Barn can accommodate up to 100 guests.
- Audio / visual equipment for rent
- Electric heat
- Large exterior charcoal grill
- Large river rock gas fireplace
- Nearby water and restrooms
- Parking area that accommodates 70 cars
- Recycling containers
- There are 20 tables and 100 chairs
- The space is 1,500-square-feet
Fort Townsend State Park is located in Port Townsend, WA
The facility rents for $190 per day plus tax.
To make reservations call 360-385-3595. Reservations are accepted up to one year in advance of arrival date, with full payment to secure date. A non-refundable reservation fee applies.