Cape Disappointment State Park
Cape Disappointment is a 1,882-acre camping park on the Long Beach Peninsula, where the Columbia River meets the Pacific Ocean. Visitors can enjoy the dramatic scenery from atop steep cliffs. The park offers long stretches of sandy beaches and wind-blown forests for visitors to explore. Visitors also may tour the park's historical coastal fort, two lighthouses and the newly expanded Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center.
Cape Disappointment cabins
The cabins are tucked into an alder forest on the shore of Lake O'Neil. Each cabin is furnished with a bunk bed that sleeps three, a full-size futon and small end table. Each cabin is 13-by-13-feet in size and has a 6-foot covered front porch, picnic table, electric outlets, heat, lights, fire pit with grate and locking doors. Bathrooms and showers are nearby. Pets are allowed in cabins C1-C3 with a $15 (plus tax) pet fee per night.
Check-in time is 2:30 p.m., check-out time is 11 a.m.
Each cabin can accommodate up to six people.
- Peak season (all nights) - $69 plus tax per night
- Shoulder/winter season weeknights - $59 plus tax per night
- Shoulder/winter season weekends & holidays - $69 plus tax per night
To make a reservation at this park, visit the reservation website.
- Bed linens are not provided. Campers must bring their own linens and blankets.
- Cooking is not allowed in platform tents, wall tents, teepees, lookouts or yurts. Cooking is allowed only in cabins with kitchenettes.
- Pets are only permitted in designated pet-friendly overnight accommodations for an additional fee.
- Smoking is not allowed inside.
- Washington State Parks pass discounts do not apply to cabins, platform tents, teepees, vacation houses, yurts or other roofed overnight accommodations.
Reservations & cancellations
Unless otherwise noted above, reservations may be made online or by calling (888) CAMPOUT or (888) 226-7688. Reservations may be made nine months in advance of the arrival date. The rental fee and non-refundable reservation fee must be paid in full at the time a reservation is made. This holds the rental facility until 1 p.m. on the day after the first reserved night.
Cancellations may be made online or by calling (888) CAMPOUT or (888) 226-7688.