Dosewallips State Park
Dosewallips State Park offers these modern, white-canvas platform tents which are situated in a maple forest near the Dosewallips River. This tent design was traditionally used by early loggers, miners and pioneers in the Hood Canal region. Each platform tent sleeps five people.
Dosewallips Platform tents
Each modern platform tent at Dosewallips is 14-by-16-feet in size and comfortably sleeps five guests. Made of white canvas on wooden platforms, they are light inside, even on cloudy days. Early loggers, miners, and pioneers in the Hood Canal region traditionally used platform tents.
Each tent is outfitted with a bunk that sleeps three, a futon for two, lights, table and heater. Outside is a deck, picnic table, fire grill and utility hookup. Bathrooms and showers are nearby. Campers must bring their own bed linens. All platform tents are heated, but visitors should take along blankets and warm clothing as evenings can be cool. Pets are allowed in platform tent 2 with a $15 (plus tax) pet fee per night.
Check-in time is 2:30 p.m., check-out time is 11 a.m.
Each platform tent can accommodate up to five guests.
- Peak season (all nights) - $59 plus tax per night
- Shoulder season weeknights - $45 plus tax per night
- Shoulder season weekends & holidays - $59 plus tax per night
- Winter season (all nights) - $40 plus tax per night
To make a reservation at this park, visit the reservation website.
- Bed linens are not provided. Campers must bring their own linens and blankets.
- Cooking is not allowed in platform tents, wall tents, teepees, lookouts or yurts. Cooking is allowed only in cabins with kitchenettes.
- Pets are only permitted in designated pet-friendly overnight accommodations for an additional fee.
- Smoking is not allowed inside.
- Washington State Parks pass discounts do not apply to cabins, platform tents, teepees, vacation houses, yurts or other roofed overnight accommodations.
Reservations & cancellations
Unless otherwise noted above, reservations may be made year round online or by calling (888) CAMPOUT or (888) 226-7688. Reservations may be made nine months in advance of the arrival date. The rental fee and non-refundable reservation fee must be paid in full at the time a reservation is made. This holds the rental facility until 1 p.m. on the day after the first reserved night.
Cancellations may be made online or by calling (888) CAMPOUT or (888) 226-7688.